Midwest Annual Acupuncture Symposium
Sponsored by CCA
DoubleTree O’Hare – Rosement
5460 N. River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018
Saturday, September 23- Sunday, September 24, 2017
12.5 CEUs available
ILaaom and ASA Members: $400
ILaaom and CCA have partnered together to bring this top-tier, 2 day event to all acupuncturists wishing to elevate their studies/practices in pediatric TCM.
Dr. Soma Glick – “Treating Children With Oriental Medicine”
Dr. Soma Glick will be presenting a program on Treating Children With Oriental Medicine. Dr. Glick holds licenses in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine and Massage Therapy. She studied acupuncture at the Beijing College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, and the Institute of Traditional Medicine of Hochiminh City. In addition to private practice, she teaches acupuncture for the Southwest Acupuncture College in Boulder, CO.
Treating Children With Oriental Medicine
- Embryology and the 5-element cycle in children’s development. Causes of disease. Diagnosing children, learning visual and palpation skills
- Special factors and basic differences between children and adults. Classification of main constitutional types. Acupuncture protocol and herbal formulas for each type.
- Qi-gong sequence of joint opening exercises, tapping and brushing moves for each participant to experience the shonishin on themselves
- Presenting sho-ni-shin tools and method; demonstration of sho-ni-shin on a participant, followed by practical applications
- Overview of respiratory and digestive disorders
- Acupuncture, sho-ni-shin protocols, herbal formulas